Born in Forbes in 1961, Kasey began painting at the age of 17yrs in 1978, and has painted professionally since 1980.
- Turner Gallery, Orange 1980
- Prouds Gallery, Sydney 1983-1985-1989-1991
- George styles gallery, Sydney 1984-1986
- Barry Newton Gallery, Adelaide 1987
- Showcase Gallery, Darwin 1988
- Bribie Island, Gallery 1996-1999
- Bruce Watling Gallery, Gold Coast 2000
- McKenzie Gallery, Perth 2002-2004
- Sealy Studios, various venues 1987-1988-1990-91-
- Piano Nobile Gallery, London 1997-1999-2000-2002-2003–2005
- Sutherland Gallery, 2007
- Cooks Hill Gallery, Newcastle, 2007
- Katoomba Fine Art, 2007-08-09
- Sutherland Art Gallery 2008
He still manages regular painting trips around Australia, as his love of the Australian bush is the source of much of his inspiration.
He was previously a regular lecturer at Charles Sturt University in Bathurst, but now holds tutorials for Art Society members, throughout Australia, and holds his own home tutorials in his studio.
“My work is a direct influence of the impressionist style of painting with a direct hand eye co ordination in front of the subject trying to capture the subtleties of mood, light and atmosphere, always trying to avoid any formulation, sentimentality and cliché, giving the individual viewer a unique visual experience every time”. (Kasey)
He has also produced 5 educational; learn to paint Videos/DVD’s.
His paintings have been shown as a major prize on popular Australian TV game shows, on numerous occasions.
His articles on painting are regularly published in Australian Artist magazine as well as the International artist.
In 2013 Kasey appeared in the ABC Landline documentary called “Brush Strokes”.
- Mornington Art Prize 2018 – Best over all 1st prize
- Alexandria Art show VIC 2017 – Best over all 1st prize
- Hamilton Art Show VIC 2017
- Ocean Grove Art Show VIC 2017
- Portland Art prize VIC 2017
- Edrington Art prize VIC 2017
- Singleton Art prize NSW 2017
- 2017 Sydney Royal Easter Show – 1st prize rural section
- 2017 Margaret Esque Award Best over all Sydney Royal Easter Show
- 1st prize oil Brighton VIC – 2017
- 1st prize oil Newcastle Grammar Art Show – 2017
- 1st prize oil Kuringai Art Society – 2017
- 1st prize Tumut Art Show local subject – 2017
- Singleton Art Show 2016 – Best of Show
- Singleton Art Show 2015 – 1st Prize Landscape Section
- Inspired Art Show: HVGS. 2015 – 1st Prize Watercolour Section
- Camberwell 2014 – 1st Prize $20,000
- Currabubulla 2013 – 1st Prize
- Ryde Art Show 2011 — 1st Prize
- Port Stephens Art Show 2011 – 1st prize Seascape section
- Camden Art Prize 2011 — 1st Prize
- Currabubula 2011 – 1st Prize Bright Art Show 2010 – 1st prize
- Goondiwindi Art 2010 Council Award – 1st prize
- Camberwell 2009 – 1st Prize $20,000
- Bright Art Show 2009 – 1st prize
- Sydney Royal Easter Show 1999 – 2nd Prize
- Sydney Royal Easter Show 1998 – 2nd Prize
- Camberwell Rotary Art Show 1992 1st prize $10 000-Gold medal
- Sydney Royal Easter Show 1992, 1st Prize
- Currabubula Red Cross Art Show 1992 – 1st Prize
- Bega Caltex award 1991 – 1st Prize
- Wyong Rotary Art Show 1991 – 1st Prize
(Other numerous minor prizes not mentioned here).
International Art Centre
202 Parnell Road, Parnell
Auckland, New Zealand
Ann Long Fine Art
54 Broad Street
Charleston, SC, 29401, USA
Work of Art Community Gallery
118 Barber Street, Gunnedah, NSW
Shop 19, Crowne Plaza,
Piano Nobile Gallery
129 Portland Road, Holland Park, London